‘ TobySimkin ‘
or scan my QR:
‘ BroadwayProducer ‘
or scan my QR:
EVERY person you will meet in China will use this. It is ESSENTIAL you do also. You will finding yourself using this every hour of every day for translation and coordination of your daily trip activities.
WeChat (known in Chinese as Weixin (微信) — “micro letter”) with over 1 billion active monthly users, and 80 million people internationally using it, is the worlds #1 communications app. “Official” Features:
- FREE: No annual subscription fee. Absolutely free for life.
- MESSAGING: Send text, video, image and voice messages instantly.
- TRANSLATION: Localized in 20 languages and can translate messages to any language instantly.
- FREE VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality free calls to anywhere in the world.
- GROUP CHAT: Create group chats with up to 500 people.
- NOT BLOCKED: It’s now the ONLY messaging app that can be used within China that is not blocked for international access.
- MOMENTS: Share your best moments on your personal photo stream (just like Facebook but with privacy control).
- BETTER PRIVACY: WeChat is the only messaging app certified by TRUSTe.
- REALTIME LOCATION: Instead of having to tell others where you are, just use real-time location sharing.
- AND MORE: Desktop app, walkie-talkie, HealthKit data, order a taxi, order food delivery, buy movie tickets, play games, check in for a flight, send money to friends,get bank statements, pay the electricity, gas & water bills, geo-targeted coupons, recognize music etc.. etc..
Simply, it’s the “Text Messaging / Facebook / Twitter / WhatsApp / Instagram / Facetime / Skype” apps rolled into one app.
Download this app now – goto your smartphones app store (iOS, Windows, OSX, Blackberry, Android) and search ‘WeChat’ .
Also available for your computer: https://web.WeChat.com (great for file & photo transfer) and for Apple Watch.
WeChat is owned by Tencent, one of the largest internet companies in the world and is seeing consistently explosive growth…
Here is a great short video from the New York Times giving an overview of why WeChat is an international gamechanger….
More to Explore….
Trip Planning | Visas | Weather | Pollution | Health | Packing | Gifts | Dangers | Electrical | Airport Arrivals | Airport Departures | Airlines | Trains | Taxis | Police Registration | Etiquette | Hotels | Eating | Drinking | Money | HongBao | Shopping | Tailor | FaPiao Receipts | Toilets | Internet & VPN | Mobile Phones | WeChat | Emergencies | Fakes & Forgeries | Superstitions | Architecture | Dynasties | Holidays & Festivals | Chinese Zodiac | Counting on 1 Hand | Dice Games | Fun Facts
Places | Beijing | The Great Wall | Tiananmen Square | Forbidden City | Temple of Heaven | Hutongs | HouHai Lake | Summer Palace | ChengDe | ChengDu | Fuzhou | Hangzhou | Harbin | Nanjing | Nanning | Qingdao | Guangzhou | Guilin & Yangshuo | Li River | Sanya | Shanghai | Shenzhen | Suzhou | Tianjin | Wuhan | Xiamen | Xi’an | TerraCotta Warriors | Zhouzhuang