The Temple of Heaven (天壇 Tiāntán) is an imperial complex of religious buildings situated in the southeastern part of central Beijing. The complex was visited by the Emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties for annual ceremonies of prayer to Heaven for good harvest. It has been regarded as a Taoist temple.
Located in southern Beijing, it was constructed in 1420, under Ming emperor Yongle, and subsequently renovated during Ming and Qing dynasties was the place where the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties would worship the god of heaven and pray for good harvest.
In 1918, the Temple of Heaven was turn into a park，in 1998, the Temple of Heaven was inscribed on the World Heritage List by the UNESCO．